Accessibility standards and guidelines have changed quite a bit since the original Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) was created in 2001. The new VPAT 2 format offers multiple templates, allowing vendors to document conformance with several key standards including the refreshed Section 508, WCAG 2.1, and EN 301 549 for vendors who sell into Europe or Australia.
As the demand for accessible technology grows, so does the demand for product manufacturers and vendors to formally document their product’s or service’s conformance with accessibility standards. A completed VPAT is often a procurement requirement, but even when it’s not, having a well written accessibility compliance report can be a compelling competitive differentiator for vendors who want to show potential buyers that they’re actively evaluating and building accessibility into the products and services they deliver.
Join Chief Accessibility Officer Jonathan Avila for an interactive webinar full of practical information and guidance including:
• An overview of the VPAT and who should have one
• Current accessibility standards covered in the VPAT 2
• How to report accessibility compliance using the VPAT 2 format for various product types
• Best practices for maintaining and updating your VPAT annually
• Benefits of having a 3rd party create your VPAT vs. doing it in house
By submitting this form, I am agreeing to the Level Access privacy statement: https://www.levelaccess.com/privacy/